Welcome To Medina
Medina is a city in the Eastside region of King County, Washington, United States, Surrounded on the north, west, and south by Lake Washington, opposite Seattle, Medina is bordered by Clyde Hill and Hunts Point, as well as the satellite city of Bellevue. The city’s population was 2,969 at the 2010 census. The city is mostly residential and includes Bill Gates’ house.
As of the census of 2010, there were 2,969 people, 1,061 households, and 865 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,061.8 inhabitants per square mile (796.1/km2). There were 1,162 housing units at an average density of 806.9 per square mile (311.5/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 83.5% White, 0.3% African American, 0.2% Native American, 11.7% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.5% from other races, and 3.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.6% of the population.
There were 1,061 households of which 40.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 73.1% were married couples living together, 5.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 2.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 18.5% were non-families. 16.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.80 and the average family size was 3.13.
The median age in the city was 45.5 years. 29% of residents were under the age of 18; 4.7% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 15.1% were from 25 to 44; 32.8% were from 45 to 64; and 18.2% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 49.4% male and 50.6% female.
Public education is provided by the Bellevue School District, with schools within Medina and in nearby Bellevue. There are three schools in Medina:
- Bellevue Christian School – Three Points Elementary (private, K to 6)
- Medina Elementary School (public, K to 5)
- Saint Thomas School (private, pre-K to 8)
- William Gates III, co-founder and former chairman of Microsoft, philanthropist
- Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com
- Melinda Gates, wife of the co-founder of Microsoft and philanthropist
- Jon Shirley, former Microsoft president and noted art collector
- Charles Simonyi, former Microsoft executive
- John W. Stanton, founder and former CEO of Western Wireless Corporation
- Ichiro Suzuki, Miami Marlins outfielder
- Jeffrey Brotman, American attorney, businessman and the co-founder of Costco Wholesale Corporation
- Nathan Myhrvold, formerly Chief Technology Officer at Microsoft, is co-founder of Intellectual Ventures and the principal author of Modernist Cuisine
- Wayne M. Perry, former president McCaw Cellular, Vice-Chairman of AT&T Wireless Services, founder Edge Wireless, former National President of the Boy Scouts of America
- Gerald Grinstein, former CEO of Delta Air Lines, Inc
- Mark Pigott, Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of PACCAR
- Peter Neupert, former Drugstore.com and Microsoft executive
- Jack Sikma, former NBA player Seattle SuperSonics
- John Olerud, former first baseman MLB
- Jeff Cirillo, former >MLB third baseman, currently MLB Scout with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- Scott and Ally Svenson, co-founders of MOD Pizza
Medina Market Update
MORE GREATER SEATTLE NEIGHBORHOODS TO CHOOSE
YES 'International' is our middle name and it shows.
Buying or Selling A Home? We’re Here To Help
No matter if your looking for a your new elite home or wanting to sell your current home. Providing friendly and knowledgeable service, Eddie Chang is here to assist you in every way possible.
Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty
15 Lake Street #200
Kirkland, WA, 98033
Direct: (425) 922-7136
Office: (425) 658-5300
Fax: (425) 658-5400